2014 SCI Region VIII Conference
March 7-8, 2014, University of Puget Sound, Tacoma, WA
SCI Region VIII Call for Scores and Papers
The SCI Region VIII Conference, March 7-8, 2014, will be held at the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma, Washington, hosted by Rob Hutchinson (firstname.lastname@example.org). The conference guest composers are Steven Bryant and Joan Szymko.
SCI composers in good standing may submit up to two works for any of the following:
- Wind ensemble
- Brass ensemble (up to 4 trumpets, 4 horns, 4 trombones, euphonium, tuba, and one percussionist)
- Percussion ensemble (up to 4 players)
- Flute choir
- Clarinet choir
- Mixed choir (the 48-voice Adelphian Concert Choir)
- Women’s choir (the 32-voice Dorian Singers)
- Solo works for mezzo-soprano with piano or chamber ensemble
- Solo and chamber works (up to six players) for all orchestral instruments (including harp, piano, and guitar)
- Any combination of instruments (duos, trios, string quartet, etc.) from a piano quintet comprised of University of Puget Sound faculty
- Electroacoustic music; there will be two-channel playback available for CD or laptop input.
Preference will be given to scores submitted by members of SCI Region VIII. Submitted works may be of any duration, but higher preference will be given to works under 12 minutes. Selections will be made by ensemble directors and performers. Composers able to provide their own performers are encouraged to submit as well. All selected participants are expected to attend the conference.
Please e-mail the following submission materials to email@example.com:
- Contact Sheet with (a) the composer’s name, (b) address, (c) telephone number, (d) e-mail address, (e) SCI Regional Affiliation, (f) titles of works submitted with timings and instrumentation for each work, and (g) the availability of one’s own performers (if applicable)
- PDFs of scores (a maximum of two)
- MP3s of submitted works (a maximum of two)
Selected composers must provide all required performance materials. The University of Puget Sound and/or SCI will not pay rental costs or other fees relating to performance materials.
Submission Deadline: September 15, 2013
Submission should include: Contact Information Sheet, PDF of score(s), MP3(s)
Composers notified by: December 1, 2013
Conference held: March 7-8, 2014, at the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma, WA
Registration fee: $60, $30 for student members