2008 Region VIII Conference
Call for Participation
Deadline: August 30, 2008
Deadline Type: Postmark
Entry Fee: None
Prize: Performance or Presentation at the 2008 Region VIII Conference at California State University, Stanislaus in Turlock, CA
Open To: All Members of SCI
SCI Region VIII issues a Call for Scores and Presentation Proposals for the 2008-09 Regional Conference hosted by the Department of Music, College of the Arts, at California State University Stanislaus in Turlock, California.
Composers are invited to submit no more than two works for any of the following student ensembles:
- Percussion Ensemble up of to 6 players
- Woodwind Quintet
- Brass Quintet
- Flute Quartet
- New Music Ensemble with instrumentation assembled for this event
- Wind Ensemble
- Chamber Singers (SATB)
- Possibly Orchestra, dependent on the difficulty of the works submitted
- Various student or faculty soloists may be available: voice, piano, clarinet, bassoon, cello, etc.
- Electro-acoustic or computer works may require the composer to provide performance equipment.
Composers able to provide their own performers are encouraged to submit as well. Proposals for papers, panels, demonstrations, and workshops are welcome. Please submit a 200- to 250-word abstract outlining the presentation, and indicating its nature and time required for presenting. Please send scores (not larger than 11"x17") and CDs of submitted works (if available) with durations clearly indicated, and contact information with specifics regarding the availability of one's own performers, plus SASE for score return as desired, to:
Dr. Deborah Kavasch, Chair
Department of Music
Turlock, CA 95380
(Tel. 209: 667-3422)
Please email the following information, and any inquiries, to email@example.com:
- Name(s) of composition submission(s) with durations, instrumentation, and program notes, and/or proposal abstracts.
- Brief biographical sketch.
- Information including your name, address, telephone, SCI affiliation, plus email address for acknowledgment of receipt of materials.
All selected participants are expected to attend the conference and be SCI members in good standing.