2007 SCI Region V Conference
Clarke College, Dubuque, IA
February 22-24, 2007
- Submission Deadline: Postmark by September 1, 2006
- Submission Fee: None
- Open to: SCI composer members, with preference for scores by composers affiliated with Region V
1550 Clarke Drive
Dubuque, IA 52001
Phone: (563) 588-6515
The Society of Composers, Inc., Region V Conference will be held February 22-24, 2007, at Clarke College. Scores will be accepted from all SCI composers, with preference for scores by composers affiliated with Region V. All composers selected for performance during the conference must attend the conference and have their membership in good standing. Submissions from student composers are encouraged.
Submissions from composers who can supply their own performers are strongly encouraged. Please state this when you submit the scores.
Electroacoustic works are also strongly encouraged. The concert hall will be equipped with an 8-channel sound reinforcement system. For questions regarding the system, please contact Mike McFerron at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call for Submissions - Scores and Recordings
Composers are invited to submit scores for the following:
- Performers (Solo with or without Accompaniment):
- Clarinet (Bb, A, or Bass)
- Saxophone (Soprano, Alto or Tenor)
- Soprano Voice
- Tenor Voice
- Ensemble forces, including
- Guitar Duo
- Guitar Trio
- The Krenzel-Doggett Duo (Clarinet (Bb, A, or Bass) and Saxophone (Soprano, Alto or Tenor)
- The Clarke College Collegiate Singers (SATB-no divisi) (Fran Vogt, Conductor)
- Loras College Choir (SATB-no divisi) (Bruce J. G. Kotowich, Conductor)
- Clarke Cantabile Singers (SSA-no divisi) (LaDonna Manternach, Conductor)
- Dubuque Trumpet Ensemble (Stanley DeRusha, Conductor)
- Clarke College Flute Choir (1 Alto Flute - no Bass Flute)
- Clarke College New Music Ensemble (Flute, Bb Clarinet, Trumpet, Guitar, Percussion)
- Dubuque Symphony Chamber Players (William Intriligator, Conductor)
- The Julian Dubuque Chamber Singers
- Up to 8-Channel Electroacoustic Works, with or without performers.
Composers selected for this ensemble will be asked to participate in some secondary school programs on Saturday of the Conference.
Maximum Instrumentation (Works may utilize any combination of the following instruments):
Submission Deadline: September 1, 2006 (Postmark).
Please submit up to three compositions for consideration. For each work, submit a score, CD or cassette recording (a separate CD or cassette for each work, please), program notes, and a contact sheet with the composer's name, address, telephone numbers, email addresses, a list of works submitted with durations, and a brief bio.
If you wish your materials to be returned to you, please include an SASE. Materials sent without an SASE will be deposited in either the Clarke College Library or the Dubuque Symphony Orchestra Chamber Players Library for future programming consideration.
Selections will be made by the ensemble directors and faculty/guest performers.
Selected composers must provide all required performance materials. Clarke College, the Dubuque Symphony Orchestra and/or SCI will not pay rental costs.
Call for Submissions - Papers
Abstracts or proposals for paper presentations are also encouraged. The submission deadline (postmark) for paper presentation proposals is September 1, 2006.